Archive for the ‘My Blog: Awards, Anniversary Posts, and Resolutions’ Category
Happy New Year everybody! I can’t wait blog the heck out of this year (as usual)! Here are my resolutions!
- Post random thoughts on writing- Ten years ago, I decided I wanted to be a published writer and poet. In honor of the fact that I have been writing for ten years, I’m going to post random thoughts on writing in a new category called “Random Thoughts on Writing” (K.I.S.S., I always say).
- Read and finish Orlando by Virginia Woolf BEFORE viewing the film- Last year, Tilda Swinton became one of my new favorite people and I have been wanting to see Orlando because it starred her and because she looks totally cool when she’s androgynous. However, the plot of the movie intrigued me and since it is based on a book, I plan to read and finish the book before viewing the film.
- Review an anime film- I had planned to do this last year but I couldn’t find the right occasion to watch the film I had in mind. The film is said to be very sad but hopefully I will find the time to watch it. If not, I’ll find another anime film to review.
- Blog about indie music more- Besides the Orlando one, this may be my hardest resolution. I found a site that has indie music by genre, but I’m very picky about what I like!
Now, it’s time for a song! What better way to celebrate the New Year than with “This is The New Year” by the duo A Great Big World 🙂
I’ve been nominated for another Liebster Award! Thanks Revolution for Breakfast! What a pleasant surprise on a Monday morning 🙂
1. Link back the blogger that tagged you
2. Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
3. Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
4. Let your nominees know of their award
1. Imagine you’re in Willy Wonka’s factory. Which candies do you gravitate toward?
*struggles to remember the original movie* Whatever is chocolate besides that river.
2. You’re at a (really awesome) travel agency which allows you to spend your entire summer in one of the following fictional countries – which do you choose and why?: Wonderland (Alice in Wonderland) or Neverland (Peter Pan)?
Neverland, because it’d be fun to fly around!
3. Do you play any instruments?
Nope, but I do appreciate the sound of a piano and violin.
4. List five words you really love and one word you really hate for whatever reason.
Five words I love are: adorkable, RPG, eclectic, and expecto patronum! *dragonfly appears*
One word I really hate; retard
5. Aliens- do they exist and have they been to earth already?
Yep. They show up in talented artistic people like David Bowie (aka the alien Ziggy Stardust) and may or may not be weird.
6. Describe your favorite breakfast.
Don’t really have one. Eggs, bacon, and Hawaiian rolls is very filling for me though.
7. Do you read comic books or graphic novels? If so, which ones?
I usually read neither of these things; I’m a manga type of girl. My favorite genres are gender-bender, fantasy, and slice-of-life.
8. Winter, spring, summer, or fall?
I like spring because it is warm and there are lots of pretty flowers. The only problem I have with spring is bugs.
9. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? If so, which ones?
I remember having a small crush on Beastboy from the cartoon Teen Titans. I liked him because he is an adorkable guy, sometimes empathetic, and he has a cool Beast form (once he unlocked it that is).
10. What’s something you would like readers to know about you?
I’m very random sometimes.
And the nominees are (Only doing five b/c I don’t have a lot of people with less than 200 followers):
1. When it comes to music artists, what do you enjoy more, live performances or music videos?
2. What’s the first book that became your favorite?
3. If you could meet any author or musician, who would it be?
4. What’s your favorite entertainment medium (i,e, books, music, movies, etc.)?
5. Would you eat cotton candy doughnuts?
6. How was your summer reading?
7. If you could take a class on anything, what would it be?
8. What’s your personal song of the summer?
9. What are you looking forward to this fall?
10. Who is your most relatable fictional character?
I’ve known that I’ve had over a hundred followers for a while now and wanted to take some time to celebrate this and to thank certain readers.
1. My older sister Terisa for following and reading my blog whenever you can and supporting my blogging hobby. I love you lots sis ❤
2. All of my lovely fellow bookworm bloggers for following my blog, commenting, and liking my posts from time to time. Without you, I’d feel like the only book nerd on the site!
3. Thanks to all the Glamberts who read my post on Adam Lambert and gave me my most viewed post ever. Not to mention, linking me to two fan sites I analyzed for a class paper that I got an A on 🙂
Thank you everybody for allowing me to reach this milestone!
Two Words: BOO- YAH!
Shout out to A Wordless Blogger for nominating me for this award; thanks a million! Also, the acronym Awesome Blog Content is so cool!
Now, I must go through the alphabet putting something about myself in every letter; this will be fun 😀
A- Anime, which I’ve loved to watch since I was a kid
B- Bup-Bup; my nickname as a child
C- Curly, my hair type
D- David Bowie; one of my favorite solo musicians
E- Eclectic, which describes my music and book taste
F- Funny, which I can be accidentally or on purpose
H- Hayao Miyazaki, my favorite film director
I- Inquisitive; when I’m curious, I’m curious
J- Japan, my favorite country (would love to visit it someday)
K- Kingdom Hearts, my favorite RPG video game series
L- Langston Hughes, one of my favorite poets
M- Mythology; love anything involving it
N- Nice, which I am most of the time
O- Once Upon a Time, one of my favorite non-reality tv shows
P- P!nk, the only female singer/songwriter that understands me (so far)
Q- Quiet; that’s how I am around strangers until they get me to talk
R- RENT, one of my favorite movies and my favorite musical
S- Spiders; scared of em like Ron Weasley from Harry Potter
T- Teens, the age group I want to write for as an author
U- Unique; always been different, always will be me
V- Violin, which is one of my favorite instruments to listen to
W- Writing, which makes me free
X- X-Men, the only superheroes I really like
Y- Yoko Shimomura, favorite video game music composer
Z- Ziggy Stardust; surprisingly, my favorite David Bowie era
Whew, that was a little challenging!
And now, for my nominees:
Authoress Note: Sorry for the few nominations, but I don’t want to nominate certain people twice and some people who I really want to nominate haven’t been blogging in a while
What a pleasant surprise it is to be nominated by someone who has just started following me! Thank you Reviews and Rants 😀
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows :
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
Questions from Rants and Reviews
1. If you could choose between knowing every language fluently or being able to play every instrument perfectly, which would you choose?
I would choose knowing every language fluently because it would pay well.
2. What’s the best book you’ve ever read? Alternately, if you don’t read, what’s the best movie you’ve ever seen? Or answer both, if you want.
Wow, a toughie. I’ve read many books that deserve to be called the best. If I have to pick one though, I’d have to say Les Misérables by Victor Hugo.
3. What animal would you say you’re most like?
I would say I’m like a black sheep b/c I’m different in a way that really sticks out (though it might not be obvious when you first meet me).
4. What type of music do you listen to? Rock, orchestral, pop? And who’s your favourite band/composer/singer?
I listen to a huge chunk of rock and soundtrack music, a medium amount of pop, piano, and string music, and a little bit of blues, jazz, funk, techno, and rap music. In no particular order, my favorite bands are The Beatles, Linkin Park, and Coldplay. My favorite singers are P!nk, Amy Winehouse, David Bowie, and John Lennon. My favorite composers are Joe Hisaishi, The Track Team, and Yoko Shimomura.
5. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
My ethnicity, because it has taught me tolerance of others.
6. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they? If not, do you want any?
No, I don’t have any pets. I might want a small dog someday though.
7. What would you prefer; money or love?
I’d prefer love because I could make myself and others peaceful and happy.
8. What’s your favourite quote?
Another toughie. I’ve got too many quotes highlighted on my Kindle and written down in journals to have one favorite. So I’ll pick one off the top of my head.
“Books are cold, but safe friends.”-Victor Hugo
9. What is/was your favourite and least favourite subject at school? Why?
My favorite subject at school has to be American Literature I (college level), because I had an awesome teacher and I discovered great authors and poets to read and be inspired by.
10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side and avoid getting caught by KFC; whomp, whomp 😛
11. If you had one day to live, what would you spend it doing?
I would eat all the sweets I wanted to so I’d die happy.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I have read over a hundred books
- I keep a journal and have almost twenty filled up
- I wear glasses
- I love watching teen films; they inspire me as much as teen fiction does
- I discovered my poetry writing skills when I was bored
- I love pistachios
- I like just the right amount of chocolate
- My favorite color is purple
- I’m short
- I can’t sing well to save my life
- I’m a geek and proud of it
- Do you like answering random questions?
- If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
- If you could change your talent for another talent, what would it be?
- Do you listen to more than one genre of music?
- What’s your favorite junk food?
- Do you watch tv?
- How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- What is your favorite season?
- Do you find it hard to create and answer random questions?
- How’s your week going?
- The Reading Life of a Bookworm
- Pretty Books
Authoress Note: I’m stopping at seven because I’m lazy and because it has been somewhat hard choosing nominees when they don’t show how many followers they have. So if I have nominated you and you have more than 200 followers… please feel free to accept the nomination anyway because your blog is cool 🙂
A bushel of thanks goes to A Wordless Blogger for making my week and nominating me for this award!
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
3. Present up to 15 awards to deserving bloggers
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself
7 Interesting Things About Myself
- I have many different genres of rock on my iPod, yet very few favorite bands.
- I like eating cereal dry.
- I appreciate the art of filmmaking, yet rarely go see movies.
- I’m biracial, black and asian.
- I’m attracted to almost anything that is angsty.
- I love Italian food.
- If I could have the skills of any favorite musician I like, it would be P!nk . She can sing, do acrobatics, write fun and meaningful music and dance. She rocks!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
What’s up fellow bloggers and followers? I hope your holidays were great and your New Year will be fantastic! For the first time ever, I have a reader resolution and blogger resolution for this year:
Reader Resolution: Finish the unabridged version of Les Miserables before the end of the year
Ok, I started this book before the holidays. I got curious after I read a few articles about the movie version coming out, asking myself “What is the big deal?” I’m currently about forty percent of the way through the book on my Kindle. Sometimes it is enjoyable and intriguing, other times it is tedious and I end up skipping pages and thinking about starting another novel. Nonetheless, I have highlighted many lines in the book and I hope its ending will be satisfying. I also hope I won’t be too tired of the book to review it.
Blogger Resolution: Be more personal in some of my posts
If you have read any of my op-eds and youth posts, then you know that I already put personal experience into my blogging. However, I haven’t been telling everything, especially when it comes to my experience with bullying. This year, I resolve to tell the entire experience. Furthermore, I plan to review the self-help book Will I Ever Be Good Enough? and discuss how I relate to the book in order to provide a resource for daughters who are traumatized by a narcissistic mother and show those daughters they are not alone.